Popcorn Kernel Job Description
District Popcorn Chair “Kernel”
Coordinate the sale in your District in order to help Units become financially stable and reach the District’s sales goal.
- Attend District Kernel Training in mid-June (TBA)
- Attend Council kick-off on July 30th
- Recruit a District Popcorn Team to help with marketing, communication, and training of units
- Work with your District Popcorn Team, to contact Units individually to explain the popcorn sale, attain their commitment, establish Unit Kernel and answer questions
- Promote the sale at District kickoff, Roundtables and District Meetings
- Set up display with product, sales materials and Unit commitment forms to encourage Units to sign up to sell.
- Ensure participation of the Unit Kernels at the Council kick-off meeting. If Units do not attend training, set up a time to go over changes in program, commission structure, etc. Do not give them the sales packet without first training the Unit leaders/ Kernel
- Remind Units of SNS Orders, Take Orders, Replenishment and Distribution dates and deadlines
- Help units with Popcorn pick-up by communicating and updating related information
- Ensure all units Accounts are paid in Full by Monday, November 14th
- Prizes cannot be submitted until accounts are paid 100%