Recent Arrowhead District Eagle(s)
Steps for Eagle Scout Workbook – Project Proposal
- Make sure you are using official Scouts BSA site for most recent version (currently No. 2021c dated January 2021)
- Information for Contact Sheet with all names and information completed.
- Provide workbook, completed Signature Page from Eagle Project workbook, and contact sheet to Advancement@ArrowheadLHC.org
- Once you have the signed approval by Advancement Chair ONLY then can you begin to work on Eagle Project.
You may contact me at: Advancement@ArrowheadLHC.org for my current contact information and to set up day/time for Eagle Project Proposal approval. Please remember to cc another adult, leader or guardian on all emails, texts, etc. to remain YPT (Youth Protection Training) compliant.
Steps for Eagle Scout Application
- Most Current Eagle Scout Application (currently 512-728 – dated Feb 2022)
- Final Individual History Report (signed by 3 Unit Leaders)
- Total of workers & hours page (# of hours on workbook & application must match) from Project Report (Page B & your example of time line tracker or log used)
- Final Signatures Page for the Service Project Report
- Ambitions/Life Purposes Statement
How to do Eagle Scout Rank Application (Video Clip)
Eagle Extension Paperwork – Needs to include supporting documentation and most current forms filled out.
Examples of “Worthy Projects”
- Painting walls, building reading corner, and book drive for Mission Arlington
- Rock Garden and Bike Path at local church
- Extreme clean-up of cemetery in state of disrepair
- Mobile Stage Construction for highschool
List of organizations seeking Eagle Project help
- The Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center, Julie Collins, email@example.com, Director
- Arlington High School, Cristy Wolfskill, Awolfski@swbell.net, PTA Executive Board
Steps for Eagle Scout Board of Review
- Request Eagle Board of Review from Advancement Chair (once email confirmation sent by Council)
- Prepare & Attend Eagle Board of Review
- Advancement Chair will return Eagle Board of Review signed application to Council
- Scoutmaster will be advised by Council once final Eagle package ready
- Then the family can plan on an Eagle Court of Honor (Currently running 6-8 weeks)
Longhorn Council Facebook Page/Instagram Page
You can send information & picture to Longhorn Council to Kevin Wassie for your scout to be possibly highlighted in Longhorn Council’s Facebook group and Instagram Page.
- Outstanding Eagle Service Project Award – $250 Scholarship District Award (given annually)
- National Eagle Scout Association
- The Congressional Award – put all those hours and time to use & apply for the Congressional Award
- There have been several Merit Badges updated for 2021-2022
- New Eagle Required Merit Badge – Citizenship in Society starting July 1st, 2022. All Eagle application paperwork due by JUNE 24th @ 5pm to exclude this new merit badge.
- Several Belt Loops/Pins are being discontinued as of May 31, 2022 & are not being replaced